Computability in Europe 2023
July 24-28, 2023
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cie2023
- Deadline for article registration (abstract submission): February 8, 2023 (AOE)
- Deadline for article submission: February 15, 2023 (AOE)
- Notification of acceptance: April 20, 2023
- Final versions due: May 1, 2023
- Deadline for informal presentations submission: June 8, 2023 (The notifications of acceptance for informal presentations will be sent a few days after submission.)
- Early registration before: June 10, 2023.
CiE 2023 is the 19th conference organized by CiE (Computability in Europe), a European association of mathematicians, logicians, computer scientists, philosophers, physicists and others interested in new developments in computability and their underlying significance for the real world.
Previous meetings have taken place in Amsterdam (2005), Swansea (2006), Siena (2007), Athens (2008), Heidelberg (2009), Ponta Delgada (2010), Sofia (2011), Cambridge (2012), Milan (2013), Budapest (2014), Bucharest (2015), Paris (2016), Turku (2017), Kiel (2018), Durham (2019), Salerno (2020, virtually), Ghent (2021, virtually), and Swansea (2022).
- Ludovic Perret (Sorbonne University)
- Ludovic Patey (Université Paris Diderot)
- Andrei Bulatov (Simon Fraser University)
- Anne Condon (University of British Columbia)
- Stephanie Dick (University of Pennsylvania)
- Kirsten Eisenträger (Pennsylvania State University)
- Neil Lutz (Iowa State University)
- Mark Steedman (University of Edinburgh)
We are going to have 6 special sessions.
The topics of the special sessions will be announced soon.
The CiE conferences serve as an interdisciplinary forum for research in all aspects of computability, foundations of computer science, logic, and theoretical computer science, as well as the interplay of these areas with practical issues in computer science and with other disciplines such as biology, mathematics, philosophy, or physics.
THE PROGRAM COMMITTEE cordially invites all researchers, European and non-European, to submit their papers in all areas related to the above for presentation at the conference and inclusion in the proceedings of CiE 2023 at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cie2023
Papers submitted to the conference proceedings should represent original work, not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference with formal proceedings.
The Program Committee will rigorously review and select submitted papers. Accepted papers will be published as a proceedings volume in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series from Springer-Verlag.
Papers to be considered in the conferences proceedings must be submitted in PDF format, using the LNCS style (available at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines) and must have a maximum of 12 pages, including references but excluding a possible appendix in which one can include proofs and other additional material. Papers building bridges between different parts of the research community are particularly welcome.
Continuing the tradition of past CiE conferences, we invite researchers to present informal presentations of their recent work. A proposal for an informal presentation must be submitted via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cie2023), using the LNCS style file (available at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines), and be 1 page long; a brief description of the results suffices and an abstract is not required. Informal presentations will not be published in the LNCS conference proceedings. Results presented as informal presentations at CiE 2023 may appear or may have appeared in other conferences with formal proceedings and/or in journals.
Contributed papers will be selected from submissions received by the PROGRAM COMMITTEE consisting of:
- Nikolay Bazhenov (Novosibirsk State University)
- Manuel Bodirsky (TU Dresden)
- Vasco Brattka (Munich)
- Liesbeth De Mol (University of Lille)
- Gianluca Della Vedova (University of Milano-Bicocca, co-chair)
- Besik Dundua (Kutaisi Intl University)
- Giudittta Franco (University of Verona)
- Juan Luis Gastaldi (ETH Zurich)
- Thomas Graf (Stony Brook University)
- Delaram Kahrobaei (CUNY)
- Ekaterina Komendantskaya (Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh)
- Angeliki Koutsoukou-Argyraki (Cambridge University)
- Steffen Lempp (University of Wisconsin-Madison, co-chair)
- Florin Manea (Goettingen University)
- Klaus Meer (University Cottbus)
- Isabel Oitavem (Nova University Lisbon)
- Roland Omanadze (Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University)
- Daniel Paulusma (Durham University)
- Elaine Pimentel (University College London)
- Markus Schmid (Humboldt University Berlin)
- Shinnosuke Seki (University Electro Comm Tokyo)
- Sebastiaan Terwijn (Radboud University Nijmegen)
- Dan Turetsky (Victoria University Wellington)
- Linda Westrick (Pennsylvania State University)
WOMEN IN COMPUTABILITY
We are very happy to announce that within the framework of the Women in Computability program, we are able to offer some grants for junior women researchers who want to participate in CiE 2023. Applications for this grant should be sent to Liesbeth de Mol, firstname.lastname@example.org, before May 15, 2023 and include a short cv (at most 2 pages) and contact information for an academic reference. Preference will be given to junior women researchers who are presenting a paper (including informal presentations) at CiE 2023.
Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
Rustaveli str. 32, Batumi, Georgia
We are grateful for support from Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University and Institute of Applied Mathematics, Tbilisi State University.
- Davit Begashvili (Kutaisi International University)
- Mikheil Donadze (Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University)
- Besik Dundua (chair, Kutaisi International University and Institute of Applied Mathematics, Tbilisi State University)
- Tsotne Mikadze (Kutaisi International University)
- Mikheil Rukhaia (co-chair, Institute of Applied Mathematics, Tbilisi State University)
- Lela Turmanidze (Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University)